We’re here now for the announcement of the star for March 2022’s Star Of The Month blogathon: actor and singer Bing Crosby! So if you’re interested in joining in, this post is the place to sign up!
Table Of Contents
My Own Feelings On Bing Crosby
Bing Crosby is one of the first stars from the Golden Age of Hollywood that I became a fan of. I first saw him in Road To Bali, with the remaining Road films following in quick succession (although, if you get technical, I first heard him in the “Legend Of Sleepy Hollow” segment of the animated Disney film The Adventures Of Ichabod And Mr. Toad when I was a kid, but at that time, I didn’t know or care who was voicing anything in the cartoons I watched). When I was originally working through the Road films, I was mainly focusing on Bing’s co-star Bob Hope (and some of his solo movies), but then I saw White Christmas, and I found myself interested not only in Bing Crosby, but the musical genre as well. Since then, I’ve seen quite a few of Bing’s movies (and, as longtime readers may have noticed, I focused on quite a few of these in my first year of blogging), plus a few of his TV specials, and enjoyed the vast majority of them. I will admit, from all the stuff I’ve heard about him off-screen, I am not a fan of the man himself. I am, however, a fan of the performer, whether it be his acting, the films he is in, or some of the songs he sings. While the films I plan to review are ones I’ve seen before, I still look forward to seeing them again. Of course, I hope to convince others to join in, too, so that we can see what else is out there!
Roster For The Bing Crosby “Star Of The Month (Macrh 2022)” Blogathon
Since this is obviously for next month’s blogathon on Bing Crosby, then that’s all you need to worry about signing up for. As always, here are the rules that we are working with.
- At this point, I am not putting any restrictions on topics related to the various stars, whether it be any of their films, or biographies, lists of favorites, etc.
- These celebrations are intended as tributes to these stars, so I would ask that any participating posts be respectful of the stars themselves. Obviously, if you don’t care for that specific star, that would probably not be a good month to join in.
- I’m requesting that all posts would be new material, and not any previously published ones.
- As previously indicated, these celebrations of the stars and genres will last a whole month each, so you will have that whole month to work with. I myself will be publishing about four or five posts per month (depending on the number of Sundays and whether there are any recent disc releases that would fit the bill), so you can decide how many you want to do (within reason).
- If you are interested in joining, I would certainly suggest you either comment on this post, email me at email@example.com, or, for the Facebook savvy, contact me at my FB page. And feel free to use the banners I have put together (I’m still unsure of how much space I will have to work with over time on pictures, so for now I am doing one each).
Thoughts From The Music(al) Man
- College Humor (1933), Mississippi (1935), Rhythm On The Range (1936) and The Adventures Of Ichabod And Mr. Toad (1949)